Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Kennedy's First Communion



This past weekend was a huge milestone for my littlest monkey. We celebrated Kennedy's First Holy Communion. We are so proud of her. She takes the sacrament so seriously. We spent a few weeks getting ready for the big day. We shopped, we planned the menu, and we made invitations. I took my wedding dress to a wonderful seamstress, here in town, and had her dress made. The veil was also made by the same person. My friend Michelle did the beading on top. I think Kennedy was a little disappointed that we didn't get to go shopping for the dress. But those days will come. Once we picked up the dress, she was very excited. I stressed all week, because it rained, and rained, and rained. As the weekend approached the chances of rain hovered around the 80% mark. I was a mess. Our house is just so small to have 25-30 people here. But, as you can see in the pictures, it was a blessed day. The weather held, my daughter received the sacrament of Holy Communion, and my tender heart survived another step in this journey of watching her grow up.

2 comments:

mandy said...

What a precious time it was!

Lee Ann said...

Thanks for letting us be a part of such a special day!