Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nothing like a new baby . . .


We had great news in our family yesterday. John's brother, Tim had another baby. Well obviously Brenda had him, but anyway. . .we now have 3 boys and 3 girls.
Wes is so thrilled that the numbers are equal. Although when Colton was born was told us, "He's cool and all, but by the time he's in T-ball, I'll be in the pros."
I just can't believe it has been 15 years that I have been a part of this family. John and I and Tim and Brenda were in our early 20's, trying to decide if we wanted to grow up or not. Connie and Lee were just little kids. Now here we are 6 kids later. I'm sure there will be a couple of more added before it's all said and done. I'm sure Lee and Jen will add one or two more, and although Connie said last night she's taken herself out of the running, I'm not counting her out just yet.
It was rough to be back at Jasper Hospital last night. I'm sure John's dad was watching us, getting a peek at his namesake. Andrew is named after both of his grandfathers, both of which he lost before he was born. It has been a rough year for everyone. But as my picture shows, there's always light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: