Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Just Breathe

It is that crazy time of year again. Every year in early November I start getting excited for the holidays. I start planning and making my lists (yes I check them twice), I start looking for new recipes, you know all the things a Domestic Diva should do. Then reality sets in. I feel like I'm living in the scene on "Shrek the Halls" where everybody is all comfy and cozy and then they open the front door and there are people running in all directions screaming "I forgot the eggnog!" I know I do this to myself, I need to force myself to slow down, to enjoy the little things, like making candy with Kennedy today. But it is hard. We live in a crazy world and if you slow down sometimes you get ran over. I wish I could get it through my thick head that if I got ran over, at least I'd get to lay down and rest for a second.

No comments: