Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sometimes you just HAVE to have it

A week or so ago I stopped by our local antique mall looking for anything I could paint, strip, decoupage, or otherwise destroy. I ran across this old door and instantly,pasionately, 100% fell in love with it. So I called my mom and said "I just HAVE to have it!" Since she agreed that "yes, you just HAVE to have it" well that just added more fuel to my fire. When Hubs got home that night I told him all about it, promising to do all the work, lifting, etc. if only he'd help me get it home in his truck. He then asked the big stinker of a question, "how much?" Well, I hadn't actually found that part out (honestly, I didn't really care) I just knew I had to get measurements and go back and get it. On Saturday I ran over and took the measurements and it, of course, fit perfectly. So then came the time for me to ask, "how much?". Brace yourself, $12.00! Can you believe it? For that price I would have strapped it on my back and carried it home. So Hubs went back and got it for me that afternoon. Once I convinced him that , yes, I was sure that I didn't want to scrape, sand, or paint anything on it, he conceded to help me. We basically built a cleat and then hung it on the wall. It is perfect! My only mistake in this whole process is that while hanging it up, Hubs asked me to run and get a tape measure. I quickly said "Oh, I have one in my purse!" Ooops, that was his favorite one he's been looking for!

Also, the bedding was a project I did last year before I started blogging. I bought the coverlet at TJ Maxx and then made my shams and throw pillows, except the leather one of course. This was one of my first big projects and Mom taught me a lot about becoming one with my sewing machine!







5 comments:

Lorie said...

Misty, This is so cool, and only $12! I am in awe of your craftiness!

Lee Ann said...

Absolutely <3 it....great idea!! The headboard definitely completes the bed/bedding!!!

mandy said...

Awesome.....did you get it up in Haubstadt on 41? What a steal and it looks fabulous in your room!

Woodard Gang said...

Oh girl...that is incredible! What a find!!

vampmomma2 said...

oh absolutely love it!!!!!!!!