Thursday, April 16, 2009

Back in black. .

A couple of weeks ago I bought a black O, our initial, to use somewhere in the house. It was a little small and weak to hang alone, plus when your initial is an O it just looks like a circle on the wall. I had some stuff stashed away that I knew I would eventually use. So this is what I did this week. Painted an old white shelf. Sanded and painted another $.50 find from Hobby Lobby and then applied a decal over the top. I then painted an old 11x14 picture frame (I stashed the backing and glass, (you never know). I had already made the pictures of the kids, but didn't have a place for them. Next I ventured over to Etsy.com and ordered two prints from an artist named Laryssa Hubert that I have been admiring for a while. You can visit her blog "Heaven In The Home" by clicking on it to the right. The hardest part of this whole job was the measuring, leveling, etc. Sometimes I need three hands. Enjoy!





5 comments:

Laryssa @ Heaven In The Home said...

Whoo Hoo! Misty they look great! I'm so glad you are enjoying your prints. Thanks for the link!

Audra Lynn said...

Ah! I love it! I'm an "O" too. :D

The Nester said...

I love them in the thin frames all hung up with all those neat other things! very innovative!

dixymiss said...

Beautiful vignette. Well done!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a great looking wall and an affordable project.

I don't have any prints but they seem to blend with many home decors and can be used in any room.

Good luck in the drawing.